CLOSING DATE: July 24, 2012
SALARY: circa £25,000
What you would do
Working as part of the Digital Marketing team and reporting to the Content Manager, you will be responsible for video production and management across the organisation. With digital channels forming an increasingly important part of VisitScotland’s marketing programmes, there is particular scope to develop and enhance video content for website and social media applications to maximise the engagement and reach of marketing activities.
You will lead on the creation of an organisation-wide strategy for the production, sourcing, distribution and management of video content, and work in close collaboration with colleagues both within the Digital & Media Directorate and across the organisation, in particular Marketing, to ensure its delivery and optimisation.
You will be expected both to manage video production through external suppliers, and where appropriate to generate creative concepts and undertake filming/editing/publishing him/herself. The position therefore requires a blend of strong project management, creative and technical skills, and you needs to be comfortable both with a planning/managerial role and hands-on delivery.
Other responsibilities include setting up and managing a video asset repository; ensuring accurate and timely distribution of video footage to third parties; ensuring legal and copyright compliance of all video materials; and advising other departments within VisitScotland on best practice.
What you would need to have
* Graduate calibre in a multimedia/video discipline.
* Proven experience of generating creative concepts for video, and experience of social media applications which have successfully driven engagement.
* Excellent working knowledge of digital video equipment and the technical ability to film, edit and produce video material for online use.
* Strong understanding of other online disciplines including analytics, search engine optimisation, content management systems; ability to liaise effectively with project managers/business analysts/developers.
* Extensive experience of project management methods and of managing projects and relationships across large-scale projects, ideally of a multimedia nature.
* Excellent customer-facing communications and negotiation skills; ability to actively collaborate with colleagues across the organisation.
* In-depth knowledge of legal and rights issues relating to digital content.
* Well-versed in latest video and digital assest management technology and commitment to staying abreast of innovations.
* Enthusiastic about delivering first-rate video content which supports the “inspire/inform/convert” consumer journey.
* Flexible approach to work in a fast-changing project environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Sound knowledge of Scotland and the Scottish Tourism product
Closing date: 24th July 2012
To apply and to view the full job description, visit www.visitscotland.org/about_us/working_for_us
Please note, any salary/salary range and benefits described in this advertisement, are indicative only. The actual salary offered to the successful candidate will be dependent on skills and experience.