20-23 May 2010
4 days / 3 nights
VENDEE, a journey through stunning countryside and seaside from Nantes to La Rochelle as you will stay in “eco” campsites
Please note that a confirmed commission is required in order to take part in press trips organized with ATOUT FRANCE and its partners.
Day 1 : Thursday 20 May 2010
Flight from London to Nantes in the morning; lunch on a camping site in the north of Vendée.
- Cycling trip leaving from the camp site on one of the many cycling trails of the Forêt domaniale du Pays de Monts, a national forest of 280 hectares, in the heart of the Vendée marshes, stretching along the coast. This forest of pine trees, flowers and shrubs was planted under Napoléon III (19th century). The predominantly flat terrain has allowed for the development of a vast 500 km network of cyclepaths, known as the Sentiers Cyclables de la Vendée. These paths stretch from the island of Noirmoutier in the north, south past Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie.
- Arrival at the camp site the Pin Parasol at La Chapelle-Hermier – a camp site set in the heart of the countryside and set on the banks of Lac du Jaunay, ideal for boating and canoeing, where being green is a way of life:
- rain water is used to water the green spaces during the summer time,
- eco panels provide heating for the swimming pool and hot water,
- recycling facilities are provided for holidaymakers.
Diner and sleep at the camp site.
Day 2 : Friday 21 May 2010
- Canoe trip on the lake of Jaunay or bi-cross at the camp site, both “green” sports to enjoy the exceptional beautiful surroundings.
- Lunch at the camp site le Domaine de la Forêt at Saint Julien des Landes, a 50ha original site: visit of the area with a focus on the tree house
- Quick trip at the Sables d’Olonne or at Saint Gilles Croix de Vie, possible dinner in town.
Night and dinner at the camp site la Grand-Métairie in St Hilaire la Forêt, a small authentic village in the south of Vendee
Day 3 : Saturday 22 May 2010
- Visit of the Camp site La Grand-Métairie in Saint Hilaire la Forêt. This 4* camp site is located in the heart of a forest between 2 seaside resorts La Tranche sur Mer, very well known by all the surf addicts & Les Sables d’Olonne, the departure place of the mythic race « Le Vendée Globe ».
- Speed sailing on the beach- depending on the tides time - or accrobranche at the Indian Forest.
- Lunch at the camp site les Brunelles in Longeville sur Mer and balneotherapy treatments in the camp site in the afternoon.
Diner and overnight stay in the roulottes (gipsy caravan) of the Petit Rocher campsite in Longeville sur Mer, and barbecue evening with camp fire.
Day 4 : Sunday 23 May 2010
- Day at Baie de l’Aiguillon and visit to the Camping les Flots Bleus in la Faute sur Mer.
18 h 15: flight from La Rochelle to London Stansted
ATOUT FRANCE cannot be held liable for any accidents you may have during the trip under any circumstances. Please ensure you are covered under your own insurance.
If interested please email ASAP firstname.lastname@example.org
ATOUT FRANCE – France Tourism Development Agency
Lincoln House – 300 High Holborn
London WC1V 7JH United Kingdom
Direct tel: 44 (0)20 7061 6640
Press Information Line: 44 (0)20 7061 6635