The Duart Castle Ceilidh returns to the 13th century castle this summer following the success of the event last year.
The event gives visitors the opportunity to learn traditional Scottish ceilidh dances and jig up and down the old castle’s byre to the Celtic sounds of Calum Maclean and his ceilidh band.
Guests can enjoy a taste of Scotland with hot stovies and purchase their favourite tipples from the bar, supplied by the local Craignure Inn. The event is suitable for all ages and families are welcome. Not one to miss!
Tickets £10/£7. Family of 4 £30. Under 5 free.
What: The Duart Castle Ceilidh
Where: Duart Castle, Isle of Mull, Argyll, PA64 6AP
When: Friday 23rd July, 7.30pm to 10pm
For more information please contact:
Pure Shores PR – Oban
01631 569 651
Notes to Editors:
- Duart Castle is on the Isle of Mull on the west coast of Scotland, just 10 minutes away from the CalMac Ferry Terminal at Craignure. The Duart coach meets the ferry arrivals daily.
- Castle Opening Times: Castle & tea room open 1st Apr Sun – Thur 11am – 4pm plus Easter Weekend. Open daily 1st May (inc shop) 10.30am – 5.30pm. Castle closes 18th Oct(Tea room & shop close 11th Oct).
- 2010 castle entry ticket prices are Adults £5.30, Children £2.65, Concessions £4.80, Family Ticket £13.25 (2 Adults, 2 Children).
- Visitors to Duart can explore the history of the castle and the Clan Maclean. As well as a fantastic new summer events programme, the oldest lived in castle on the island offers lots to see including prisoners in the dungeons, the magnificent Great Hall and spectacular views from the roof and sea room. The tea room, converted from the old cattle byres, is a highly attractive and unusual coffee stop. The Duart Castle shop offers a range of interesting gift ideas.
- Discover the 13th century home of the Clan Maclean. The four star visitor attraction stands proudly on a clifftop overlooking the Sound of Mull and enjoys one of the most spectacular & unique positions on the west coast of Scotland.