Television duo Colin and Justin performed their new Christmas single to shoppers in St. Enoch Centre in Glasgow today (Monday December 20th) to help raise money for Cash for Kids.
The pair, accompanied by the Gospel Truth Choir, sang their recently-released cover version of the Christmas hit ‘Mary’s Boy Child’. All money raised through the sale of the single, which is available for purchase via iTunes, will go directly towards helping disadvantaged children in Scotland.
Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids has been extending its support to vulnerable children in Glasgow and the West of Scotland for the past 30 years. The station’s charity has pledged over £21million to help 1.3 million deprived children in the area since 1980.
Managers at Glasgow’s St. Enoch Centre welcomed the entertainment and embraced the season of goodwill by pledging £500 of gift vouchers directly to the charity.
Tracey McNellan, Radio Clyde’s station director said: “We are absolutely thrilled that Colin and Justin have decided to support Cash for Kids this year by releasing their own Christmas single.
“All proceeds raised from the sale of the single on iTunes will go directly to the help disadvantaged children this Christmas. We would therefore like to urge all of our listeners to go online and buy the single today!”
Colin and Justin said: “We thoroughly enjoyed doing a live performance of our Cash for Kids single to shoppers at St. Enoch Centre in Glasgow today.
“Cash for Kids is an extremely worthwhile cause, and all the more at this time of year. We are so happy to have been given the opportunity to do this single, and we hope that it will raise a significant amount of money to help bring happiness to children across Scotland this Christmas.”
Sharon Taylor, Charity Manager at Radio Clyde's Cash for Kids said: “We are very proud that Colin and Justin have so generously supported Cash for Kids this year. We would also like to say a big thank you to St. Enoch Centre for their kind donation to Cash for Kids.
“Unlike the majority of other charities, every single penny that is donated to Cash for Kids goes directly to the children who need it most. All of the funds raised through the sale of Colin & Justin's single will go directly to bring presents to sick or disadvantaged children across Scotland on Christmas morning.”
Colin and Justin’s new single is available for purchase and download at http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/marys-boy-child-auld-lang-syne/id408860412?i=408860424&ign-mpt=uo%3D4).
Issued on behalf of Bauer Media by The BIG Partnership.
For further information please contact:
Nicola Macnaughton at The BIG Partnership on 0141 333 9585 / 07725 638 246 or email@example.com
About the Bauer Media Group
- The Bauer Media Group is a worldwide media empire operating businesses across 14 countries. Bauer Radio Ltd, which joined the Group in 2007, is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK.
About Cash for Kids
- Bauer Media currently has 20 radio charities operating at stations within Scotland, England and Northern Ireland, each of which supports local charity initiatives for sick and underprivileged children under the umbrella brand of Cash for Kids; All money raised locally is spent locally, and collectively they raised in excess of £5.8 million in 2009 www.cashforkids.uk.com
- Cash for Kids Stations are Downtown/Cool FM, MFR, Tay, Forth, Clyde, Northsound, Westsound, Southwestsound, CFM, Metro, TFM, Rock, Key, City, Viking, Hallam, Aire, Kerrang!, Wave 105 and Magic 105.4 (Most recent charity launch was Kerrang! in November)
- Unlike most other charities, every penny donated to Cash for Kids goes directly to children who need it most. No money from donations is used for administration..
- Donations that are received during our Christmas campaign are immediately allocated to children and/or projects that make a difference to children in local communities.
About Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids
- Since the first appeal in 1980, Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids has raised over £21 million and helped more than 1.3 million of the West of Scotland’s most deprived children.
- The Registered charity number for Radio Clyde’s Cash for Kids is SCO 03334 (which includes South West Sound and West Sound) and the Registered charity number for Bauer Radio’s cash for kids charities (Scotland) is SC0 41421 (which includes Borders, Forth Tay, Moray Firth Radio and Northsound).