ScotsCare, the charity for Scots in London has announced the shortlist for Scot of the Year 2010, the winner is due to be announced to mark Burn’s Day next week . Susan Boyle is included in the shortlist which means she will stand the chance of receiving one award in 2011 despite being overlooked for A Brit.
Despite his conviction Tommy Sheridan remains a popular choice for the award as he secures his place on the shortlist.
The full shortlist is as follows;
• Susan Boyle: For her 2nd No1 album on both sides of the Atlantic. There’s no stopping SuBO
• Ewan McGregor: For his Best Actor Award at the European Film Awards for ‘Ghost’
• Andy Robinson: For another successful year for Scottish rugby including a win over South Africa
• Tommy Sheridan: For showing his fighting spirit
• Colin Montgomerie: For inspirational leadership of the winning Ryder Cup team
Those who failed to make the list include;
• Alexander McQueen
• Gillian McKeith
• Hannah Miley
• Andy Robinson
• Elena Baltacha
• Kevin Bridges
• Gordon Brown
• Susan Philipsz
The list is available to vote on through the charity website, www.scotscare.com. The winner will be announced to mark Burns Day on the 25th of January. Previous winners of the annual vote include Gordon Brown and Chris Hoy with Gerard Butler just beating Susan Boyle to the title in 2009.
Amongst its work, ScotsCare provides a living allowance to the elderly and money for families living on low income.
For further information contact: