Leading life assurance and pensions company AEGON, today announced its continued support of the three professional golfing brothers, Elliot (27), Lloyd (24) and Zack (21) Saltman.
As part of a new three year deal – which will run until the end of 2012 – AEGON will remain as the lead sponsor of ‘Team Saltman’, supporting all three boys as they continue to develop their careers. Team Saltman will wear the AEGON logo on their cap and clothing.
AEGON has continued its sponsorship following the boy’s success in 2009 – the highlight being Elliot and Lloyd’s qualification for The Open, at Turnberry in July.
It was also a big year for youngest brother Zack who launched his professional career in January 2009, playing on the PGA Europro Tour alongside older brother, Elliot. Elliot played well to secure seventh place in the PGA Europro Order of Merit and narrowly missed out on qualification to the European Challenge Tour, where middle brother Lloyd finished in the top half of the draw.
Steve Clode, AEGON’s Director of Marketing and Customer Strategy said: “We are delighted to continue our sponsorship of ‘Team Saltman’ as part of our commitment to developing and supporting emerging talent.
“The boys have achieved a great deal already which is evident from last year’s results. We are looking forward to supporting them over the next three years as they go on to further success.”
Speaking on behalf of Team Saltman, Lloyd said: “We’re delighted to have AEGON's continued support for the next three years. To secure sponsorship from such a large organisation shows that AEGON is confident in our abilities and its support means a great deal to us.
“The sponsorship will enable us to focus on developing our game and building on our position. We’ll definitely be pushing for higher rankings on the tours and further success in 2010 and beyond.”
This year, Lloyd will compete in the European Challenge Tour which begins on 18th February. Elliot and Zack will both play on the PGA Europro Tour and the ALPS tour.
- Ends -
Notes to Editors
- As an amateur Lloyd Saltman was European No. 1 and World No. 2. A highlight of his career was winning the Silver Medal at the 2005 Open aged 19, as well as the Irish Open and Scottish Championship of Champions. He also represented Great Britain and Ireland in the Walker Cup.
- AEGON has sponsored Elliot and Lloyd Saltman since 2007 and Zack Saltman since 2009.
- In the UK, AEGON offers pensions, life insurance, asset management and financial advice to around 2 million customers. AEGON UK has assets under management of £54.2 billion and employs approximately 4,900 staff.
- AEGON is one of the world’s leading insurance groups with approximately 30 thousand employees world wide and 40 million customers in the Americas, Europe and Asia. AEGON's revenue generating assets totalled EUR 354 billion at September 30, 2009.
- AEGON UK is the lead partner of British Tennis, investing in every level of the game from grassroots to centre court. For further information visit www.aegon.co.uk/tennis
Issued by The BIG Partnership on behalf of AEGON UK.
For further information please contact:
Susanne Grant at The BIG Partnership on 0141 333 9585/07824 388 472 or Susanne.firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie Ashcroft at AEGON UK on 0131 549 2224/07740 897 932 or email@example.com