As the Open returns to the home of golf, Fife is ready to welcome visitors from far and near. Boasting some of the world’s finest golf courses, a unique environment, culture and historic identity, there is more to do here than simply play golf. With vibrant town centres, quaint coastal villages, Michelin starred restaurants, Fife has something for everyone.
For those planning a trip to the Championship a visit to www.welcometofife.com is a must as it provides access to information on transport, travel, accommodation, and things to see and do throughout your visit to Fife.
The Open Championship is one of the world’s biggest annual sporting events. As well as the obvious boosts it brings to our tourism industry it offers a fantastic opportunity to show the world what Fife has to offer. The visit section of www.welcometofife.com gives information on getting to Fife, accommodation, eating and entertainment, events and activities and, of course, the Open Championship. With easy to follow useful links it’s the perfect site to discover Fife from.
If the Open is on your agenda then make sure you include a visit to The Welcome to Fife Pavilion, located within the official tented village. The Pavilion gives visitors a chance to experience Fife “in miniature” through a range of displays and demonstrations highlighting Fife’s businesses, its products, people and talent.
The Welcome to Fife Pavilion will be open every day from Monday, 12 July where visitors can:-
• Sample a delicious treat from Fife’s larder at the daily cookery demonstrations given by chefs from Fife businesses.
• Experience a flavour of Fife’s Year of Culture with a series of Celebrating Fife 2010 snapshot performances.
• Enjoy live workshop demonstrations from some of Fife’s business community.
• Learn how Fife is a centre of excellence for renewable energy and low carbon technologies with the Invest in Fife team.
• Meet the experts and passion behind the most comprehensive golf education facility in the world – Elmwood College.
• Play the 11th hole of the Old Course on the World Golf Tour golf simulator.
• Meet some of Fife’s “Local Heroes” and discover how they have influenced the world.
• Learn how to trace a family history with Fife's Libraries & Museum's genealogy service.