Note: At this meeting Harry Lindsay, the father of a victim of crime, will outline his plan to call on the European Parliament to order a murder inquiry into the death of his son in Spain last autumn.
For further details contact David Sinclair, Head of Communications, by any of the methods listed below.
SEMINAR 20th FEBRUARY VICTIMS WEEK 2012
February 20 to 24, 2012, is European Victims Week
Due to the proposed EU Directive on minimum standards on the rights, support and protection of victims of crime VSS is asking some key questions of all those involved in Scotland’s criminal justice system:
- How will the proposed EU Directive affect victims and witnesses in Scotland?
- How will the Directive affect Scotland’s criminal justice system?
- What is Scotland doing for victims and witnesses of crime?
To start the events for Victims Week in 2012 VSS is hosting a seminar to look at these issues.
In the presence of HRH The Princess Royal, speakers include:
- the Cabinet Secretary for Justice Kenny MacAskill,
- the Lord Advocate Frank Mulholland QC,
- Chief Constable David Strang ACPOS,
- Derek Ogg QC, Faculty of Advocates,
- and other senior statutory and voluntary sector professionals working in Scotland’s criminal justice system, including Sandy Brindley, Rape Crisis; Louise Johnson, Scottish Womens Aid; and Joe Duffy, PETAL.
Venue: the Scottish Youth Theatre,
105 Brunswick Street, Glasgow, G1 1TF
Media are welcome to attend
SAVE THE DATE IN YOUR DIARY………… 20th February 2012