A luxury care home in Alloa will be officially opened by the Deputy First Minister and Cabinet Secretary for Health, Wellbeing and Cities Strategy, Nicola Sturgeon, today (Tuesday, 3 July 2012).
Nicola Sturgeon will unveil a plaque to formally open Parklands Care Home in Alloa Park Drive during a special celebratory open day for residents, their families and the local community.
The opening of Parklands in January, represents a £4.7million investment by Meallmore, one of Scotland’s leading providers of nursing and residential care.
Health Secretary Nicola Sturgeon said: “I am delighted to be opening this fantastic facility and I’m really looking forward to meeting staff, residents and their families. Parklands is a great example of a care home which provides the older generation with the dignity, respect and support they need.
“I am also pleased that Meallmore will be opening another care home in Bearsden, providing state-of-the-art care for older people and jobs for the area.”
The 62-bed home offering nursing care for frail elderly people, and specialist services for people with dementia and its related conditions, has brought more than 100 jobs to the area.
Care home manager Julie Wyllie said: “This modern, luxury development provides a twenty-first century facility for the local community on their doorstep as well as first class accommodation for our residents. Parklands is a place where dignity is respected and comfort and independence is maintained. It looks absolutely beautiful and we are proud to be able to show it off to people.”
The development, which has 24 residents, includes an activity and reminiscence room, six dining rooms to offer greater choice, as well as a hair and beauty salon for residents.
Welcoming the Minister to Parklands, Managing Director of Meallmore Ltd, Gerry Hennessey said: “We are honoured to have Scotland’s Deputy First Minister Nicola Sturgeon officially open Parklands Care Home. Parklands is a wonderful new, luxury facility for the community of Alloa. It offers the highest-quality facilities for residents and is run by a fantastic professional team who deliver a service that emphasises a 'home from home' philosophy to ensure that their new home offers a positive experience for both the residents and their families.”
For information about Parklands please call me Care Home Manager Julie Wyllie on 01259 720172.
Photographers and journalists wishing to attend should contact Julie Watt at Pagoda Public Relations on 0131 556 0770 or email Julie.email@example.com
Notes to editors:
• Meallmore Ltd opened the doors of its first nursing home for the elderly 25 years ago in Daviot, just south of Inverness.
• Meallmore has evolved as one of the country’s leading providers of nursing and residential care, with 19 care homes throughout Scotland. Sixteen of these are for elderly and frail residents, while three are for people with mental health conditions.
• The company is owned and operated by the Hennessey family along with a dedicated management team, including registered nurses and social care workers whose expertise is evident in the excellent standard of care provided by each of the homes.
• Parklands is located at 60 Alloa Park Drive, Alloa, Clackmannanshire, FK10 1QY.
• The 62-bed home offers nursing care for frail elderly people, with specialist services for people who suffer from dementia and its related conditions. It includes an activity and reminiscence room, six dining rooms to offer greater choice, as well as a hair and beauty salon for residents.
• Antonine House Care Home, being built on Roman Road, Bearsden, Glasgow is a purpose built 81-bed facility providing care for people with general nursing needs including those with dementia and its related conditions.
• Set to be completed in winter 2012/13, the state-of-the-art complex will create 120 of posts for nurses, care assistants, hotel services staff, administrators and managers.
• Rooms within the luxury home will far exceed national care standards and residents will have access to a wide range of leisure activities. Residents can also expect a fine dining experience in their luxury restaurant.