Mentoring Opportunity with David Hoey –
Employment Law Specialist
David Hoey is a Partner with Chamber member, “bto” Solicitors (Brechin Tindal Oatts). These sessions are delivered under the Business Mentoring Programme – a partnership between Scottish Chambers and Scottish Enterprise. European funding allows us to offer these sessions to you at no charge, provided you meet the eligibility criteria, which are:
- Turnover of at least £100K, with the plan and ambition to grow
- Been in business for at least 1 year
- Not currently involved in the mentoring programme / nor have been in the last 12 mths
- One person per company – does not need to be the owner – but should be a key decision maker / responsible person
The next session will be at Thursday 30th June 8.45am-10.30am in the Chamber Business Centre – breakfast rolls, tea and coffee will be provided. To register please contact Business Mentoring Executive, Linda Perry on 0141 847 5458, firstname.lastname@example.org
Topic: Hot Employment Issues for Businesses: – Employment Law – What do you need to know?
- What do I need to think about before employing staff?
- How do I manage absence?
- How does Social Networking impact on staff/claims?
- What about Equality Act and Harassment?
- Retirement and Age Discrimination in 2011 and beyond
Spaces are limited and are on a first come, first served basis – book early to avoid disappointment.
Further dates (approx 3) will be agreed at the end of the 1st session.
Notes to editor:
About Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce
Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce help Renfrewshire businesses of all sizes & sectors grow and prosper. We are a fully accredited Chamber established in 1964 and based at Glasgow Airport. We have two local Chambers affiliated to us – Greenock and Helensburgh and across Renfrewshire represent 500 members / 30,000 employees. We are a very active Chamber and ran 90 networking events in 2010, provided free business mentoring to 150 companies & processed over 10,000 export docs. We operate the Glasgow Airport Business Centre and are proud to have the first Chamber iPhone app in Europe. To read about how we can support your business and find links to follow us on all the main social media sites please visit www.renfrewshirechamber.com / 0141 847 5450