Renfrewshire Chamber are delighted to announce that the ROCCOs, the annual business awards of the Chamber are now open for 2011.
The event last year was the biggest ROCCOs yet with just under 500 guests attending the areas Premier business event at The Normandy. 11 awards were presented from over 60 applicants with £15K raised for local Renfrewshire charities including Erskine and Loud’n’Proud.
This year the ROCCOs take place on the 11th of November, at The Normandy. We can also announce we have secured Fred MacAulay, a strong supporter of The ROCCOs. Fred is in high demand on the corporate circuit, and after his excellent performance last year, we can understand why.
The ROCCO Awards released so far include:
- ROCCO Award for Excellence in Customer Services
- ROCCO Award for Social Enterprise / Charity of the Year
- ROCCO Award for Innovation & Technology
- ROCCO Award for Excellence in Manufacturing
- ROCCO Award for Employee of the Year
- ROCCO Award for Best Environmental Performance
- ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business <25 employees
- ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business >25 employees
- ROCCO Award for Most Promising New Business
- ROCCO Award for Business Leader of the Year
- special award from The Malcolm Group
Examples of the sponsors involved are; Diageo, Glasgow Airport, William Tracey, The Malcolm Group, Reid Kerr College, Bank of Scotland, Scottish Leather Group & Rolls Royce.
All members and ANY Renfrewshire based company can enter. It’s a great way for a company, staff and clients to be recognised & rewarded.
Tips for submitting a good application are:
- Read the questions & answer them
- Use evidence / KPIs where possible
- Stick to the truth
- Relate it to Renfrewshire
- Think what the judges want to see & hear
- Don’t copy & paste from another doc
- Don’t leave it to the last minute
The deadline is 2nd September with the shortlisted companies invited to present to the judging panel during October. Winners will be announced at the ROCCOs on the 11th November at The Normandy Hotel.
Last years ROCCOs were a sell out a month before the event, please book early to avoid disappointment. To enter the ROCCO awards and purchase a table please visit www.roccoawards.com
Good luck! – ps: for all you tweeters out there the hashtag is #rocco2011
Notes to editor:
About Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce
Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce help Renfrewshire businesses of all sizes & sectors grow and prosper. We are a fully accredited Chamber established in 1964 and based at Glasgow Airport. We have two local Chambers affiliated to us – Greenock and Helensburgh and across Renfrewshire represent over 500 members / 30,000 employees. We are a very active Chamber and ran 90 networking events in 2010, provided free business mentoring to 150 companies & processed over 11,000 export docs. We operate the Glasgow Airport Business Centre and are proud to have the first Chamber iPhone app in Europe. To read about how we can support your business and find links to follow us on all the main social media sites please visit www.renfrewshirechamber.com / 0141 847 5450