International creative branding and PR agency, threebrand, is toasting a ‘dram’ good win in the form of an exciting new event, which is set to shake-up the whisky industry.
The Edinburgh-based agency has been appointed to provide PR support for the Edinburgh Whisky Stramash – an event that will challenge the traditional ‘stuffy’ experiences associated with the nation’s top tipple.
The team will handle the official launch and warm-up to the event, which takes place at Edinburgh’s Surgeons’ Hall on 26th and 27th May 2012 and promises to be full of mystery, entertainment, comicality and madcap pioneering.
Scott Martin, founding partner of the event, said: “Working on export Scotch, my business partner and I have been to many whisky events all over Europe and we often felt they were a bit predictable and at times even a bit old fashioned.
“We wanted to stage an event that has a distinct point of difference by presenting the spirit in new, different and innovative ways, whilst giving consumers the opportunity to try a wide range of whiskies from around the world; a modern take on traditional fun.”
Enthusiasts of whisky from around the world will encounter many elements and experiences, including a concoction of molecular experiments, a murder mystery drama, whisky cocktails and an insight into the gruesome lives of barber surgeons.
Scott continued: “We’d heard good things about the threebrand team, which is why we initially approached them. The team understood the concept behind Whisky Stramash and came up with some fantastic PR ideas to support the launch and publicise the event. We look forward to working with them over the coming months.”
Gillian Hamilton, head of PR at threebrand, said: “As specialists in food and drink, particularly whisky, we were really pleased to be appointed to work on the Whisky Stramash.
“We like the individuality of the event,- it’s fun, yet informative – so it fits in with what we do as a company as well. We’re really looking forward to working together on the inaugural event and hope it’s just the start of a exciting partnership.”
For more information please visit www.threebrand.com.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editors:
- threebrand is a creative branding and PR agency, launched in 2004
- Its hand-picked and highly motivated team enjoy working from Boat 1502U, located on the Water of Leith in the heart of Edinburgh’s creative community
- threebrand aims to help its clients create distinctive brands by following three simple steps:
- understanding the dynamics of their brands’ marketplace
- taking this knowledge and creating inspired design solutions
- ensuring brand integrity and consistent implementation
- Tickets for the event cost £25 and are available from several outlets including TicketSoup.com (online and via telephone 0844 395 4000) and at the SECC and The Hub box offices.
- Whisky Stramash is the brainchild of Scott Martin and Darroch Ramsay who have both been to whisky events all over the world and wanted to create a whisky event with a distinct point of difference.
- Scott and Darroch have a combined experience of 22 years in the drinks industry and both have a keen interest in whisky since working as bartenders. Scott currently works as a global Scotch ambassador and Darroch’s background in Scotch is in brand management.
- Whisky Stramash will give brands the opportunity to present their whiskies to a desirable group of consumers.