The University of Stirling has been praised for its beautiful and natural surroundings by AllAboutCareers.com, a social careers information website, who rated the institution second most scenic in the UK.
The website commented that Stirling “certainly realises the magnetic power of its scenic campus”.
It added that Stirling is “Widely regarded as one of the most beautiful campuses in the world. Stirling really does have it all.”
The online careers information service also praised the University’s castle, lakes, woods, meadows, golf course and green open spaces.
Karen Plouviez, Stirling’s Director of Estates and Campus Services said: “Stirling Campus is an exceptional place to both study and work. It is also well accepted that attractive surroundings have a direct impact on the quality of learning and student satisfaction.”
The online article went viral in just a few hours of posting with more than 10,000 page views.
After being posted on the University of Stirling Facebook page, it received more than 400 likes, over 30 comments and has been shared 88 times.
Jack Collins, Managing Editor of AllAboutCareers.com, said: “We knew it was going to prompt a reaction from some people, but we didn’t realise it was so important to so many students.”
The rankings are based on the images and videos provided by each university on their website and were ranked accordingly by the AllAboutCareers.com judging panel.
Notes for editors:
Facts about the University of Stirling
• 1st in Scotland for Education (The Times Good University Guide 2012 and The Guardian University Guide 2012)
• 1st in Scotland for Communications & Media (The Complete University Guide 2012 and The Guardian University Guide 2012)
• 1st in Scotland for Sport (The Times Good University Guide 2012 and The Complete University Guide 2012)
• 2nd in Scotland for Social Work (The Times Good University Guide 2012)
• 2nd in Scotland for Computer Science (The Guardian University Guide 2012)
• 2nd in Scotland for Social Policy (The Times Good University Guide 2012 and The Complete University Guide 2012)
For further information email email@example.com or contact Communications Officer Katy Whitelaw on 01786 467058.
Contact: Katy Whitelaw