WE’VE rounded up some of France’s best September events to celebrate its most cultural month of the year:
- Braderie de Lille (Lille, Nord-Pas-de-Calais) – 1 and 2 September: Over two million visitors will come to visit the famous and enormous annual ‘car boot sale’.
- Visa Pour l’Image (Perpignan, Languedoc-Roussillon) – 1-16 September: This international photography festival will host a variety of exhibits including the biggest names in the industry.
- Rencontres de Chants Polyphoniques de Calvi (Calvi, Corsica) – 11-15 September: Listen to and discover Corsica’s traditional music in beautiful settings across the town. (Website French)
- Roi de l’Oiseau (Le Puy en Velay, Auvergne) – 12-16 September: This Renaissance festival will host a variety of displays including parades, dances and concerts. (Website French)
- Biennale OFF 2012 (Lyon, Rhone-Alps) – 14-30 September: This contemporary and urban dance festival will put on a variety of new performances from 25 companies. (Website French)
- National Heritage Day (General, France) – 15 and 16 September will herald free entry into attractions and exclusive events across the country. (Website French)
- Jazz Festival in Beaune & Grands Vins de Bourgogne (Beaune, Burgundy) – 16 and 17 September: Savour jazz music and the region’s famous wines together. (Website French)
- Voiles de Nuit (La Rochelle, Poitou-Charentes) 22 September: This light and music boat show will also include spectacular fireworks for over 50,000 visitors.
- 34th Royal Regatta (Cannes, Riviera) 22-29 September: Over 150 of the world’s most beautiful yachts compete over the week as part of the last event of the year of the Panerai Trophy.
- Festival l’Occitania (Toulouse, Midi-Pyrénées) 22 September – 27 October: This arts festival will host over 50 events across 23 communities from regional artists. (Website French)
Contact: Press Office ATOUT FRANCE UK
Phone: 020 7061 6635