Head over to witness the stunning colours of the French countryside and join in the local festivities!
- Sommet de l’élevage (Auvergne): From 3 to 5 October, this event will be the biggest European meeting for livestock farming professional.
- Petanque World Championship (Bouches-du-Rhône): From 4 to 7 October, Marseilles will host players of petanque from 48 different countries for two contests: in teams or individuals.
- World Sacred Music Festival (Burgundy): From 4 to 7 October, this festival will celebrate the world’s sacred music with various concerts.
- Lille 3000 (Nord-Pas-de-Calais): From 6 October to 13 January 2013, the ‘Fantastic Parade’, inspired by India, will kick off the ‘Fantastic event’ which will take over the whole city.
- Toulouse les Orgues International Festival (Midi-Pyrénées): From 6 to 16 October, this event will celebrate organ music with 60 different concerts and performances in Toulouse.
- Roc d’Azur(Var): From 10 to 14 October, a mountain bike race will be held alongside a wealth of entertainment events and festivities.
- Rallye d’Antibes (Riviera): From 12 to 14 October, three rallies kick off in the town of Antibes: the national race, the VHC race and a regularity rally.
- Fête du retour des Alpages (Rhône-Alpes): On the 13th of October, this folk event will welcome back the farmers and their flock from the mountains where they spend their summer pastures.
- Grand Lyon Film Festival (Rhône-Alpes): From 15 to 21 October, Lyon will welcome nearly 170 film screenings, international movie stars and competitions during its festival.
- FIAC (Paris): From 18 to 21 October, this is one of the major events in artistic creation and brings together around 180 galleries from 24 countries at the Grand Palais.
- Journées Nationales de la Laine(Limousin): From 26 to 28 October, discover wool through various activities such as knitting and tie-dyeing in the village of Felletin.
- Festival du Vent (Corsica): From 27 to 31 October, Calvi will become the wind capital with windmill art exhibitions as well as reunions of wind makers from many different domains.
Contact: Press Office
Phone: 020 7061 6635