CREATIVE branding agency, threebrand, has sweetened its portfolio with the addition of luxury biscuit brand, Mary Steele.
The Edinburgh-based agency was briefed to create a luxury brand of biscuits, suitable for gifting, that would appeal to the high-end and discerning consumer.
Expected to be available to buy from early November, Mary Steele, manufactured and managed by premium shortbread and biscuit makers, Dean’s, aims to excite the fine food market with its exclusive selection.
The brand itself, packaging, exhibition materials, postcards, micro-site and stationery were all created, with various price points in mind, as well as for formal and informal gifting purpose.
Nick Cadbury, creative director at threebrand, said: “Mary Steele was Bill Dean’s (MD of Dean’s) granny, who taught his mum, Helen Dean, to bake, so, with that in mind, we wanted to craft a high quality brand that reflected Dean’s history of fantastic hand baking, with a distinct look and feel suited to the fine food market.
“We introduced the strap line ‘passion for perfection in baking’ as this was important to Bill’s granny, as she was a perfectionist, with everything she baked being of an exceptionally high quality.”
The innovative new range includes:
- The Exquisite Biscuit Collection: an elegantly designed range of tall tins x 200g, including traditional favourites such as Golden Syrup Raisin Drops and Warm Spiced Gingers, as well as more modern tastes, such as Belgian Chocolate & Toasted Coconut and Zesty Lemon Meringue.
- The Splendid Oat Biscuit Selection: a striking tin presentation of the finest oat biscuits x 300g, including the original melt-in-the-mouth Heather Honey & Sultana and distinctive Coconut & Treacle.
- The Delightful Petit Four Duet: a uniquely sophisticated gift bag x 200g, including an elegant duo of the finest shortbread petit fours, including Panna Cotta and Belgian Chocolate with Zesty Orange.
Bill Dean, managing director of Dean’s and Mary Steele, said: “We have a long established working relationship with threebrand, so it made perfect sense to utilise their creative skills for our new Mary Steele brand, particularly as they understand the Dean’s brand fully.
“The team has taken the nostalgia of my granny’s baking, but added a luxurious and striking look and feel to the packaging, which, we believe, will be well placed in the fine food sector.
“We launched Mary Steele to the trade at the Speciality & Fine Food Fair in London and feedback has been very positive so far, which we’re delighted about, so watch this space for future listings early 2013.”
For more information on Mary Steele, visit: http://www.marysteele.co.uk/
For more information on threebrand, visit: www.threebrand.com
– ENDS –
Notes to Editors:
- threebrand is a creative branding agency, launched in 2004.
- threebrand recently received the award for best packaging and the ‘Grand Prix’ for best overall design at the annual Scottish Design Awards for their work on Greenhook Ginsmiths American Dry Gin and Beach Plum Gin Liqueur.
- threebrand has also been nominated for the Pentawards worldwide packaging design competition for the same suite of packaging.
- Its hand-picked and highly motivated team enjoy working from Boat 1502U, located on the Water of Leith in the heart of Edinburgh’s creative community.
- threebrand aims to help its clients create distinctive brands by following three simple steps:
- understanding the dynamics of their brands’ marketplace
- taking this knowledge and creating inspired design solutions
- ensuring brand integrity and consistent implementation
For more information, contact Gillian Hamilton at threebrand,
on 0131 454 2030/07734 656676
Contact: Gillian Hamilton