THE annual business awards of Renfrewshire Chamber, The ROCCOs, now in their ninth year, took place at the Cosmopolitan Normandy Hotel on Friday 16th November.
The sell-out crowd of 480 witnessed 15 ROCCO awards presented on the night and helped raised over £11,000 for charities and good causes.
Hosted by Fred MacAulay, the ROCCOs are known as a positive, feel-good event and regarded as one of the best corporate events in Scotland.
The Winners from ROCCO 2012 were:
1) ROCCO Award for Employer of the Year sponsored by Rolls Royce – Phoenix Car Company
2) ROCCO Award for Invest in Renfrewshire sponsored by Renfrewshire Council – Fission Creative
3) ROCCO Award for Third Sector Recognition sponsored by Engage Renfrewshire and The Royal Bank of Scotland – The Star Project
4) ROCCO Award for Most Promising New Business sponsored by Renfrewshire Council – Meso
5) ROCCO Award for Excellence in Manufacturing sponsored by the Scottish Leather Group – Life Technologies
6) ROCCO Award for International Trade sponsored by Glasgow Airport – Chivas Brothers
7) ROCCO Award for Family Business of the Year sponsored by The Malcolm Group – Gillies Gas Services
8) ROCCO Award for Young Business Person of the Year sponsored by Reid Kerr College – Nick Cohen, PCR Business
9) ROCCO Award for Excellence in Customer Service sponsored by Braehead – Glasgow Airport
10) ROCCO Award for Journey to Zero Waste sponsored by The William Tracey Group – Scottish Leather Group
11) ROCCO Award for Innovation & Technology sponsored by Hillington Park Innovation Centre – Meso
12) ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business >25 employees sponsored by Phoenix Car – The Malcolm Group
13) ROCCO Award for Outstanding Performing Business <25 employees sponsored by the University of the West of Scotland – ChemTech Consultancy Ltd
14) ROCCO Award for Business Leader of the Year sponsored by Diageo – Iain McFadyen, MD Scottish Leather Group
15) Special ROCCO Award to Colin Neill Chamber Director and Supply Chain Director with Diageo retiring after 30+ year’s service
Commenting on the event, chamber president, Tom Johnston, said: “Thank you again to all our sponsors and members for supporting our ninth ROCCO Awards. We have received some great feedback, which is great to hear – as ROCCO is a year in the making by the Chamber team. Anyone involved in large events such as the quality of ROCCO knows how much work and effort goes into making it a great night.”
Bob Davidson, chamber chief executive, further commented: “I encourage all winners to maximise the positive PR from winning a prestigious ROCCO. We had our highest-ever number of entries and competition was extremely tough, so reaching the final and winning is a great achievement.
“For ROCCO 2012, we made a number of changes; we refreshed and updated all the categories and increased the number of awards from 11 to 14. We also commissioned a brand new ROCCO award trophy, designed and manufactured in Renfrewshire by chamber members and ROCCO winners – Meso.”
All the pics from the event can be viewed on the Renfrewshire Chamber facebook page- http://www.facebook.com/RenfrewshireChamberofCommerce