LEVY & McRae Solicitors has been appointed by the Scottish Police Federation to represent its members throughout Scotland now the new single force, Police Scotland, has come into effect.
Having represented Scottish Police Federation members in Strathclyde for the last 20 years, Levy & McRae will now expand its service to provide assistance to more than 18,500 police officers across the country.
The Scottish Police Federation, which represents every constable, sergeant, inspector, chief inspector, cadet and special constable in Scotland, has been reorganised in response to the amalgamation of the previous eight police forces in Scotland into one force.
Calum Steele, general secretary of the Scottish Police Federation, said: “Levy & McRae has provided our members in Strathclyde with a first class service over many years and they exceptionally well qualified solicitors to take on this Scotland-wide remit.
“The Scottish Police Federation has reorganised to meet the challenges of representing police officers throughout Scotland and to provide them with assistance and support whenever this is necessary. We have worked hard to adapt our organisation to ensure it provides our members with the best service going forward and appointing Levy & McRae is an important part of that.”
Senior Partner at Levy & McRae, Professor Peter Watson, Solicitor Advocate, said: “We are delighted to be appointed as legal advisors to the Scottish Police Federation under the single force and look forward to representing the interests of all police officers across the country who provide the public with an invaluable service, often in the most challenging and dangerous circumstances.”
Levy & McRae also represent the Association of Scottish Police Superintendents.
For further information please contact Lois Boyle at Media House on 0141 220 6040.
Note to editors:-
- Levy & McRae’s clients include government organisations, law enforcements agencies, football clubs, FTSE 100 companies and many SMEs and industry organisations.
- The firm has a caseload of approximately 3,600 cases and are involved in litigation around the world. Currently this includes such places as France, Spain, Turkey, Libya, Italy, India and the USA.
- Peter Watson is President of the Legal Netlink Alliance – a global alliance of independent law firms which gives Levy & McRae access to local counsel when required
- One of Levy & McRae’s niche areas is the media and clients include ITN, Mirror Group Newspapers, SMG, Border Television, Channel Four, Reuters News, GMTV, Sky News.
- Chambers UK 2013 rated Levy & McRae as follows:- Band 1 –Defamation/Reputation management. Band 2 –media and entertainment. Band 2- Crime. Band 2 – Dispute Resolution
- Number of partners – Eight. Assistant solicitors – 11. Other fee earners – 11
- Website –www.lemac.co.uk
- Telephone -0141 307 2311