A region widely known for its strong identity and fiery culture, the spotlight is on this southern part of France for a lively beginning to the warm season
- ‘The Unpredictables. Norman Foster and contemporary art’ (Nîmes): From 3 May to 15 September, the ‘Carré d’art’ museum will celebrate its 20thanniversary with an exhibition based on the work of Norman Foster, the famous British architect.
- The Great Roman Games (Nîmes): From 4 to 5 May, costumed actors, ‘Little gladiator’ workshops for children and – yes – ‘Great Roman Games’ re-enactments in the Amphitheatre will take visitors back to the era of Julius Caesar.
- Feria in Alès: From 7 to 12 May, during the Ascension feast, the city of Alès will host a variety of entertainment such as the platter throw and the cord draw contests, bull runs in the streets and traditional corridas.
- Sol y Fiesta, Leucate: From 9 to 11 May, the city of Leucate will host the 16th international festival of street arts with a theme focus on the circus universe with illuminated parades and aerial shows during the evenings.
- Défi Wind, Gruissan: From 9 to 12 May, over a 1,000 passionate windsurfers, both amateur and professional, will gather on the same beach for an international competition. Concerts and other entertainment will complete this unique event.
- Feria de Pentecôte, Nîmes: From 15 to 20 May, music in the streets and a joyful atmosphere will change the city: dances in traditional wear, paella, parades, shows and corridas will take place during the six days of festivities.
- 150th birthday of the Sète Nautical Society, Sète: From 15 to 20 May, the Sète Nautical Society with celebrate its 150th birthday with various sailing-themed activities both on the quay and on the water including sea excursions, jousting challenges, guided visit of legendary sailing boats and photo exhibitions.
- Festival Rock’Art & Wine in Château Les Carrasses, Capestang: From 24 to 26 May, the Château Les Carrasses will host the first edition of a rock star photography exhibition with a vineyard for a backdrop. The event will offer the opportunity to meet and interact with the photographer of your choice.
- 27th Trèfle Lozérien AMV, Lozère: From 24 to 26 May, 500 competitors will ride their bike for an endurance test with three long loops in the shape of a clover leaf on the route, starting and ending in Mende.
Contact: Tiffany Reed
Phone: 020 7061 6637