GLOBAL technology leader, Cisco, unveiled the latest industry trends and opportunities for working together with their network of Partners at the Cisco Scotland Partner Forum 2013 in Dunblane – Cisco Scotland’s flagship event.
Over 250 people attended the annual event which brought together Cisco’s UKI leadership and architecture teams with their network of Partners to discuss plans for the next 12 months and highlight how Partners can maintain their competitive advantage in this fast-moving industry.
Donald McLaughlin, director, UK&I Collaboration Sales and Country Manager Scotland at Cisco said: “This is our flagship event for Cisco in Scotland and it recognises the significant effort and dedication of our Partners. The technology industry is the jewel in Scotland’s economic crown and we’ve seen another year of significant investment in Scotland and phenomenal growth with our Partners as we break into new sectors and deliver world class customer service.”
One key industry trend which was highlighted at the event was the opportunities that the Internet of Everything (IoE) can bring. Cisco estimates that 99.4 per cent of physical objects in the world are still unconnected and the Internet of Everything brings together people, process, data and things to make networked connections more relevant than ever before. Cisco estimates that IoE will create a staggering $14.4 trillion of Value at Stake for companies and industries over the next ten years.
After the conference, the awards ceremony saw Capita IT Services Limited take home a hat-trick of awards, winning the Public Sector Partner of the Year, Services Partner of the Year awards and the Cisco Scotland Partner of the Year 2013 award. Capita has shown continued commitment to the public sector and driven value for their customers.
Peter Hands, managing director of Capita IT Services, commented: “Capita is delighted to have won three awards including the prestigious Scotland Partner of the Year 2013 award. Our pursuit of innovative solutions and excellent service delivery has been recognised with these awards as well as our on-going commitment to our partners and our customers. It is what sets Capita apart in today’s competitive environment.”
Richard Roberts, Leader UK Partner & Commercial Sales Organisation, said: “The event today was a huge success and celebrates the effort that all of our Partners go to stay ahead of competitors and deliver service excellence to customers. Special congratulations go to our award nominees and winners.”
Notes to Editors
Other award Cisco Scotland Partner award winners include:
* BT – Enterprise Partner of the Year and Borderless Networks Partner of the Year for their strong performance across the Enterprise sector including oil and gas and financial services.
* Clark Integrated Technologies – Small Business Partner of the Year for creating a strong go-to-market proposition for Cisco in this market.
* MTI Technology – Data Centre Partner of the Year. MTI has really driven opportunities in a relatively new market for Cisco.
* ProVista UK Limited – Commercial Partner of the Year for their on-going commitment to business excellence and customer service both to the local Cisco team and their customers.
* 4MS Networks – Collaboration Partner of the Year for boosting the adoption of collaboration technologies, particularly video collaboration in the oil and gas sector
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in networking that transforms how people connect, communicate and collaborate. Information about Cisco can be found at http://www.cisco.com. For ongoing news, please go to http://newsroom.cisco.com.
# # #
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco’s trademarks can be found.
Contact: Julie Moulsdale