CLOSING DATE: May 28, 2013
International PR executive
One-year fixed term, based Edinburgh
What you would do
Working as part of the International PR team and reporting to the Consumer PR Manager, you will be responsible for contributing to targeted growth from the international markets through the development and implementation of consumer-focused PR activity in support of the activity plans of the market teams. This activity will be both in support of targeted marketing campaigns as well as standalone initiatives within the relevant markets.
You will ensure that consumer PR plays a valuable and integral role in the activity plans of the market teams, by giving strategic input to each brand plan. You will promote Scotland’s key brand themes (touring, citybreaks, walking, golf) across assigned markets, managing PR agency resources, using own initiative to devise creative, innovative communications and through organisation and exploitation of media events.
What you would need to have
* Graduate calibre, proven experience in a PR environment, tourism experience desirable.
* Strong planner, highly organised, with excellent communication skills.
* Experience of social media and digital PR (incl. SEO)
* Flexible, opportunistic, able to prioritise and show initiative under pressure.
* Able to work to deadlines and enjoy working in a fast moving environment.
* Outgoing and confident manner with good social and networking skills.
* Team player, as well as self motivated approach to work.
* First rate writing ability and sound knowledge of standard PR practices.
* PC literate with skills in PowerPoint and excel.
* Excellent product knowledge on a pan-Scotland basis.
* A good knowledge of the workings of and contacts within the media in relevant markets a distinct advantage.
* Fluency in European languages required: French required; Spanish or Italian desirable; other European languages an advantage.
* Cultural affinity with assigned territories desirable.
Closing date: 28th May 2013
To apply and to view full job description, please visit www.visitscotland.org/about_us/working_for_us.aspx
In line with Scottish Government requirements, the potential postholder will be required to successfully obtain a valid Basic Disclosure Scotland certificate prior to commencing employment with VisitScotland
Please note, any salary/salary range and benefits described in this advertisement, are indicative only. The actual salary offered to the successful candidate will be dependent on skills and experience.
If you are applying for a secondment position within VisitScotland please ensure that you have approval from your line manager prior to application. Employees must be within their current role for a minimum of six months before they are eligible to apply for any other position within the company.