TV presenter, Gaelic journalist and award-winning Gaelic singer Joy Dunlop, today announced she will be launching her exciting debut album Dùsgadh (Awakening) next month. The launch event, which will feature a live performance from the glamorous Gael, will take place at February’s “Ceol’s Craic” event at Glasgow’s Centre for Contemporary Arts, on Saturday 27th February 2010.
The sensational new album, co-produced with Barry Reid (of Celtic bands Treacherous Orchestra and Croft No 5) will be released on Joy’s own record label Sradag Music. The tracks on the album reflect Joy's experience, passion and inspiration as a young Gaelic singer living and working in the West Coast of Scotland. The tall ‘girl next door’ combines her many years of exposure to Scotland's rich Gaelic heritage with a young, trendy, modern image.
Dr Anne Lorne Gillies, Gaelic Ambassador 2010 said: “Joy has done much to promote the Gaelic language on both sides of the Atlantic. This thoughtful and engaging album reminds us that she is above all a talented singer. Her voice has the clarity of a violin; her style is sincere and expressive.”
Featuring an eclectic array of musicians and drawing on a wide range of influences, the unique blend of pure, haunting vocals and luscious musical arrangements results in an exciting new album that explores and exhibits the rich Gaelic song tradition.
With talents ranging from singing to television presenting, dancing to award-winning Gaelic journalism, Joy Dunlop certainly has more strings to her bow than most. A multi-prize winning Gaelic singer and popular international performer, she combines Gaelic development work with regular media stints and is also a former Inter-Celtic Dance Champion. Joy performs regularly in Scotland & abroad as both a solo and collaborative artist. 2010 will see her touring with material from Dùsgadh both in the UK and abroad.
Pre-order Dùsgadh now from www.joydunlop.com/shop. Join us on Saturday 27th February for the release of Joy’s debut album Dùsgadh at ‘Ceòl ‘s Craic’, Centre for Contemporaray Arts, 350 Sauchiehall Street, Glasgow, G2 3JD. Doors open 8.30pm. Tickets cost £8 (£5 for students and concessions) and are available in advance to buy online, from the venue or at the door. Advanced booking recommended to guarantee your spot!
For more information, please contact:
Notes to Editor:
- Interviews with Joy are available. Please contact Joy at the above details to arrange.
- Press packs and CD samples of the exciting debut album are also available for media on request.
- Listen online at www.myspace.com/joydunlopmusic
- For more information on February’s ‘Ceòl‘s Craic’ visit www.myspace.com/ceolscraic.
- Dùsgadh is released via record label Sradag Music (SRM001).
Notes to Photographers:
- Photographers are invited along to photograph the glamorous Gael at the album launch on Saturday 27th February 2010 from 8.30pm. Please contact Joy Dunlop as above to arrange a press pass.
- Fantastic images of Joy are available on request.