Bauer Media Scotland has announced an exciting new partnership with Scottish Rugby ahead of this month’s final leg of the IRB Sevens World Series.
Bauer Media will become the Official Radio Partner of the Emirates Airline Edinburgh 7s being held at Murrayfield in Edinburgh next weekend (Saturday 29 and Sunday 30 May).
Every exciting moment of the fast-paced tournament, which sees Scotland pooled against Fiji, USA and Wales, will be captured live on Radio Borders while those who can’t tune into the station on their radio will be able to catch all the action online at www.radioborders.com.
The contract includes promotion of the Edinburgh 7s across Bauer’s entire network of Scottish stations with online content and competitions to meet the Scotland squad across Forth 1, Clyde 1, Tay FM, MFR, Westsound and Northsound 1.
Graham Bryce, managing director of Bauer Radio Scotland, said:
“We are delighted to launch this new agreement with Scottish Rugby. We are joining together at the start of this strong partnership to promote the game and the IRB Sevens World Series across Scotland. Bauer Media will highlight the event throughout our market-leading network of stations across Scotland and broadcast the tournament live on Radio Borders.
“It’s great to bring to life this fantastic fast-moving game for our listeners. To broadcast the final nail-biting leg of this year’s World Series is a real coup for us and we are sure it will be a highlight for our listeners.”
Dominic McKay, director of communications and public affairs at Scottish Rugby, said:
“Today’s announcement with Bauer Media is indicative of the efforts made by the sport’s governing body to increase the accessibility of the game through a partnership which will give a promotional boost to one of the most exciting feasts of rugby to take place at Murrayfield – the Emirates Airline Edinburgh 7s.
“This collaboration will enable rugby supporters across Scotland’s communities to get regular updates on the sevens as we move towards the tournament on the 29 and 30 May.”
Scotland 7s captain, Scott Forrest, agreed:
“The summer weather makes for such a great sporting weekend. Everyone in the crowd had a great time last year at Murrayfield and really spurred us on when we took to the field for some top-class rugby and close-fought games.
“That’s when the supporters can really make a massive difference – you only need to look at how the team have performed at home in the last two years to see the impact they make.
“Hopefully, with the reach of all the stations within the Bauer Media group, the crowd size and noise will be boosted even further.”
After the first six events in Dubai, South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Australia and Hong Kong, Samoa currently lead the World Series by three points from eight-time winners New Zealand. Teams will compete in the penultimate leg in Twickenham, London before the final showdown at Murrayfield.
Issued by the BIG Partnership on behalf of Bauer Media Scotland
For further information please contact:
Susanne Grant, The BIG Partnership, 0141 333 9585 / 07824 388 472 or email@example.com
Notes to editors:
- The Emirates Airline Edinburgh 7s Festival is the eighth and final leg of the IRB Sevens World Series. It will be held at Murrayfield on 29 and 30 May 2010.
- Tickets are available to by logging onto www.edinburgh7s.com by calling the 24-hour Ticket Hotline – 0844 335 3933 or in person from the Murrayfield Ticket Centre, Gate A, Roseburn Street, Edinburgh (open 9am-5pm, Monday to Friday).
- Rugby Sevens will be one of the showpiece events of the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Glasgow.
- Adult one day advance ticket – £15 (£20 on the day)
- One day student and under-18 – £10 and £5
- Senior one day citizen – £10
- Family one day advance ticket – £35 (two adults & two children)
- All tickets are ANY DAY tickets – valid for either day of the event
About Bauer Media
- Bauer Media's portfolio of over 80 influential media brands connect over nineteen million UK adults with excellent content whenever, wherever and however they want.
- The UK’s Bauer Radio Network is home to a growing network of No.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK, and has a combined reach of 12.2 million listeners.
- The Network’s 19 regional commercial radio stations include some of the UK’s most established and prestigious; Manchester’s Key 103, Liverpool’s Radio City, Sheffield’s Hallam FM, Cool FM in Belfast, Clyde 1 in Glasgow and Forth One in Edinburgh.