Thompsons Personal Injury Solicitors' hunt for their ‘Law Idol’ is hotting up.
The firm, Scotland’s leading personal injury lawyers, challenged students to use their social networking skills in a fun competition – ‘The Law Idol No Win No Fee Internship’.
The prize is a paid 2-month internship at one of Thompsons’ offices in Glasgow, Edinburgh or Aberdeen.
Patrick McGuire,(above) a partner at Thompsons said: “Our online competition to identify a candidate for one of our prized internships is really intensifying.
“We’ve had some excellent blogs from candidates and now we are down to the final seven.
“Their blogs have been posted on our website and its up to the candidates to use their social networking skills to collect votes on Facebook, Twitter and Digg.
“The five candidates who collect the most votes will proceed to a video final where the ultimate winner will be decided by the votes they attract for a video they prepare on ‘Why I Should Win The ‘No Win No Fee Internship’.
“We always get a lot of interest in our internships, and this year we thought it would be fun for the students to use their social networking skills to win selection, rather than go through a formal interview process
“Judging by the entries the calibre of candidate we were looking for agrees with our out of the ordinary approach.”
The semi-finalists are:
Alannah Sloss, Stirling University blog post on Accidents at Work;
Stephanie Rogan, University of Strathclyde blog post on No Win No Fee Claims;
Jillian Merchant, University of Strathclyde blog post on Accidents at Work;
Dominic McGuire, University of Abertay blog post on No Win No Fee;
Emma Phillips, Aberdeen University blog post on Workplace Stress: A Psychiatric Injury?;
Claire Paterson, University of Dundee blog post on Accidents in the Workplace;
Wasim Hussain, Glasgow Caledonian University blog post on Car Accidents.
Learn more about Law Idol at
Note to Editors:
- Thompsons Solicitors is Scotland’s leading personal injury specialists law firm offering No Win No Fee services to clients who suffer personal injuries, caused by a car accident, a car crash, a road traffic accident or whose lives have been blighted by industrial diseases.
- Last year Thompsons won over £1m a week in compensation for its clients.
- Thompsons Solicitors won the prestigious Law Firm of the Year award at the Scottish Legal Awards 2011, their third industry accolade in the last three years.
- Thompsons specialise in delivering legal services which provide the answers clients seek, ensuring those responsible are held accountable, and where appropriate lessons are learned to prevent recurrence.
- Thompsons has an impressive record in mounting prosecutions where merited and representing clients in a wide range of public inquiries.
- If you use an online version of this release could you please include a link to the Thompsons website: www.thompsons-scotland.co.uk