Musselburgh Racecourse’s New Year’s Day meeting could go ahead if weather conditions continue to improve.
Initial forecasts offered a slim prospect of the January 1 race day proceeding, but the outlook is changing with day time temperatures predicted to rise to around 3°C or 4°C for the rest of the week.
A course inspection will take place at 8am tomorrow (Wed) when Clerk of the Course, Anthea Morshead, will be better placed to take a decision to race or to abandon the meeting.
Musselburgh Racecourse general manager, Bill Farnsworth, said: “It was a blow to have to abandon today’s meeting (Tues 29) and it seemed the New Year’s Day fixture would go the same way.
“However, the forecast has improved slightly which has given us a little bit more hope that we will be racing on Friday. We will hold a course inspection at 8am on Wednesday and get further feedback from the Met Office before making a decision.”
Issued on behalf of Musselburgh Racecourse by Sure Public Relations. For further information please contact Stephen Rafferty on 07980 598764