Bauer Media and fashion retailer USC – the trend-led destination for branded clothing, footwear and accessories – are delighted to announce a very special Christmas concert with one of the UK’s biggest and best- loved rock bands – Stereophonics.
On Saturday 12th December, the band – Kelly Jones, Richard Jones, Javier Weyler and Adam Zindani – come to Glasgow to play a rare exclusive gig for just a few hundred lucky fans at a relatively tiny venue in the city – The Classic Grand. The venue size is a far cry from the band’s usual arena shows – their last gig, at Cardiff Castle in October of this year, was performed in front of an audience of over 10,000! This show - ‘Stereophonics at Christmas’ – therefore offers an unprecedented opportunity to catch the band up close and personal and to hear unique renditions of new songs plus some of the band’s best-loved hits to date.
The event will be co-promoted by 18 Bauer radio stations across the UK, from Inverness to Leeds in partnership with USC – one of the country’s leading high street clothing stores. All tickets to the event are FREE and can be won on the Bauer network’s evening programme ‘In Demand’ or via in-store competitions with USC, in local press and online.
Stereophonics’ career – which spans 15 years and 6 epic albums to date – looks set to continue its unstoppable rise with the release of their brand new album, “Keep Calm And Carry On” this week. The album has already been lauded and applauded in industry circles as a body of work which matches the very best the band has ever produced. Current single ‘Innocent’ has dominated the airwaves over the past few weeks and looks set to join the long list of classic Stereophonics’ songs which truly stand the test of time. Lead singer Kelly maintains that this track and the new album in general has a much more uplifting sound than previous Stereophonics’ records and the band are looking forward to taking it out on the road next year. The 2010 tour will not only take in around a dozen arena dates in the UK but will also visit Australia, Japan and America over the course of some 6 months.
Siobhan Crampsey of Bauer Media says:
“We’re delighted to be working with USC on “Stereophonics at Christmas”. I have personally been trying to secure the band for a gig like this for almost ten years and so it’s a real thrill to finally be able to produce this show for fans in Scotland and across the UK. Stereophonics have been such a key component of the UK music scene for so many years and the new album proves the guys are still very much at the top of their game. This is a rare opportunity to catch them in an initmate setting and – with winners descending on Glasgow from locations far and wide – we know this is going to be the hottest ticket of the festive season!”
Ewan Hunter, Marketing Director at USC says
“We’re really excited about working with Bauer and the Stereophonics. They are one of the coolest and most respected bands around and they have stood the test of time, as we have with 18 years of retail experience in offering the latest fashion trends, making this the perfect collaboration”.
1. Bauer Media is one of the UK’s largest media companies with interests in radio, magazines, digital TV and online media. Its ‘Big City’ network of radio stations incorporates some of the biggest and most listened-to radio stations in the UK
2. Stereophonics will be co-promoted and broadcast on a total of 18 radio ststions across the UK : 97.4 Rock FM (Preston), Radio City 96.7 (Liverpool), Key 103 (Manchester), Metro Radio (Newcastle), TFM Radio (Stockton-on-Tees), Hallam FM (Sheffield), 96.9 Viking FM (Hull), 96.3 Radio Aire (Leeds), Forth One (Edinburgh), Cool FM (Belfast), MFR (Inverness), Northsound 1 (Aberdeen), Tay FM (Dundee), Clyde 1 (Glasgow), West FM (Ayr), Radio Borders (Galashiels) and Kerrang (Birmingham).
3. With an 18 year history in retail, USC is a premier destination for branded clothing, footwear and accessories, catering to fashion savvy men and women throughout the UK. To view the full collection please go to www.usc.co.uk
4. Stereophonics new album – “Keep Calm and Carry On” is released this week on Mercury Records
5. The next single from the album will be “Could You Be The One” – set for release on January 4th 2010 and on Bauer radio stations from w/c 14th December
Event / Artist Media Enquiries or to book competition / review tickets (N.B. these will be v. limited)
Claire Graham at Bauer Radio Events:
0141 565 2438 / 07882 864184 / email@example.com
Siobhán Crampsey at Bauer Radio Events
0141 565 2439 / 07747 770339 / firstname.lastname@example.org
USC Media Enquiries or to source images & samples
Paige or Laura at Bright Light PR on 0207 385 1222 or email email@example.com