BAUER Media Scotland has revealed a strong set of results from the latest RAJAR figures. The Scottish stations continue to attract 1.7 million listeners each week – 40% of the population, holding its position year on year and quarter on quarter.
- Commercial market leader in seven out of eight markets
- Forth One – best market share since 2000
- Clyde 1 increasing its reach over its nearest commercial rival to 118,000
- Strong growth in hours year on year at MFR of 41%, Borders at 12 % and Northsound at 7%
- In the central belt the No 1 breakfast show at Clyde and Forth
Graham Bryce, Managing Director of Bauer Radio Scotland, said:
“These are a really strong set of results for Bauer Media in Scotland and I’m delighted that we have maintained our audience figures quarter on quarter and year on year.
“Across the competitive central belt the success of our two breakfast shows at Clyde and Forth with Bowie at Breakfast and Boogie in the Morning still ruling the airwaves is a testament to the talent we have here.
“Being commercial leader in seven out of eight markets is great news and I would like to thank our teams around the country for their hard work over the past quarter in helping us achieve these figures.
“We feel as strongly about localness as our listeners do and we will continue to create stations listeners enjoy and are proud of.”
For more information contact:
Kate McCheyne at the BIG Partnership on 0141 333 9585/07766076469 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors