A new festival season to enjoy in France with music, theater and cinema!
Jazz à Vienne: 25 June – 9 July 2010, Vienne
Annual International Jazz Festival which takes place in the city’s Roman amphitheatre. Joe Cocker, Norah Jones, Paolo Conte…
- Solidays: 25-27 June 2010, Paris Longchamp
80 artists and 160 000 people against AIDS: Florence + The Machine, Vanessa Paris, Archive, Wax Tailor, Hocus Pocus…
- Cadre Noir Equestrian Shows: Summer 2010, Saumur
The Cadre Noir created in 1814 as a military riding academy remains France's most prestigious school dedicated to the French equestrian tradition and riding techniques. Classical music.
- Annual International Music and Opera Festival: June – July 2010, Aix-en-Provence
62nd Festival – Classical Operas and Concerts: Don Giovanni, Alceste, Pygmalion
- International Festival of Baroque Music: July 2010, Beaune
27th International Festival of Baroque Music and opera. 5 weeks of classical music and opera on Fridays Saturdays & Sundays nights. Alessandro, Bellérophon…
- Eurockéennes de Belfort: 2-4 July 2010, Belfort
Eurockéennes is one of the best known festivals in France having built up a reputation in its 20 years of existence for its diverse range of artists and for showcasing International talent. The festival appeals to music fans of any genre. Jay Z, Mika, Missy Elliott…
- Main Square Festival: 2-4 July 2010, Arras
Prince, The Black Eyed Peas, Jamiroquai, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, Rammstein, Pink and a lot more.
- Annual International Classical Music Festival: 2-13 July 2010, Colmar
For the first time in the Festival's history, the 2010 edition features a double tribute to two emblematic figures of the early 20th-century musical world, Maurice Ravel (1875-1937) and Sergei Rachmaninov (1873-1943).
- Nîmes Festival: 4-24 July 2010, Nîmes
In the beautiful place of the Arènes de Nîmes, you will enjoy music with: Pink, ZZ Top, Gossip, Mika, Jamiroquai, Mark Knopfler, -M-, and more…
- Francofolies : 13-17 July, La Rochelle
Lots of artists, 150 000 people and emotion in this beautiful city. Vanessa Paradis, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Jacques Dutronc…
- Jazz à Juan: 14-25 July 2010, Juan-les-Pins
In 2010, the prestigious jazz festival will be celebrating its 50th anniversary with George Benson, Dee Dee Bridgewater, Paco de Lucia…
- Vieilles Charrues Festival: 15-18 July 2010, Carhaix
Jamiroquai, Julian Casablancas, Phoenix, Boys Noise, Airbourne, Fm Belfast, Midlake, Toots & the Maytals and many other artists join Muse, Mika, Airbourne, and The Raveonettes and complete the line-up of the 19th Festival des Vieilles Charrues.
- Annual International Piano Festival: 23 July – 22 August 2010, La Roque d’Anthéron
Piano ensembles and orchestras every day in different venues and locations in and around La Roque d'Anthéron. Locations include the remarkable Sylvacane Abbey, La Roque d'Anthéron's 18th-century church and the gardens of the Château de Florans.
- Festival Interceltique: 6-15 August 2010, Lorient
Celebration of Celtic folklore and heritage in Brittany, featuring 4,000 traditional and musicians, singers, dancers and painters from all Celtic nations. The Cranberries, Luz Casal, Soldat Louis, Dan Ar Braz…
- Rock en Seine: 27-29 August 2010, Saint-Cloud
The three days of the festival beat to the rhythm of Massive Attack, Jonsi, Rox, Arcade Fire
Theatre and Cinema Festivals
- Festival d’Avignon : 7-27 July 2010, Avignon
This festival is today one of the most important contemporary performing arts events in the world. Every year in July, Avignon becomes a city-theater, transforming its architectural heritage into various performance venues, majestic or surprising, welcoming tens of thousands of theater-lovers of all ages.
- Outdoor Cinema Festival: 17 July-22 August, Paris La Villette
Theme: Being 20 years old
http://www.villette.com/fr/parc-villette-agenda/spectacles-tous/cinema-plein-air-a-la-villette-2010.htm (in French)
- Deauville American Film Festival: 3-12 September, Deauville
More than 100 films will be presented to the public on 3 sites: Deauville International Centre (C.I.D), Casino’s cinema, Cinema Le Morny. The Festival is an event opened to all, professionals or cinema fans. Cinema, stars, and music: America is right here, in Deauville, on “Les Planches” and at the Deauville International Centre.
- Ends -