International creative branding agency, threebrand, has boosted its portfolio, adding projects for Heineken, Diageo and Loch Leven’s Larder to its ever-growing client list.
The Edinburgh-based agency was commissioned to work on the trio of tasks, including Heineken’s Newcastle Summer Ale, which was recently launched in the USA.
threebrand’s creative director, Nick Cadbury, said:
“We were approached to create the first seasonal brand extension for the Newcastle range in the USA, which would cut through the growing ale market.
“Keeping in mind the key brand architecture, we have produced the ale’s primary packaging, multipacks, trays and tap handles, that are fresh, yet still very much part of the Heineken family.
“Working with such an iconic brand is always an honour and we’re delighted to be given the opportunity to continue building a stronger affinity with the US team.”
Additionally, to maximize on the Father’s Day market, threebrand was tasked to work on a project for the UK Diageo team, for Bell’s Whisky.
The Bell’s brief was to create a gifting theme, which would make an impact and attract predominantly female buyers, purchasing for males on Father’s Day.
“Like Christmas, Father’s Day is a key whisky selling opportunity, with the overall gifting market worth over £180million during this time.
“From the brief, we created a simple yet eye-catching theme and on-pack device to attract buyers’ attention in store. We played on the idea of Bell’s and Dads both being ‘number one’ and included on-pack rosettes, communication materials and the overall campaign theme.”
The Bell’s Father’s Day promotion was sold in major multiples including Sainsbury’s, Tesco and the Co-op.
Sarah Gilligan, assistant brand manager for Bells, said:
“The threebrand team did a wonderful job understanding the brief and were incredibly quick and helpful in turning around the work. They came up with an eye-catching rosette, which captured our number one status on the blended market and made choosing Bell’s as a Father’s Day gift an easy choice for first time whisky shoppers. I always knew I could rely on threebrand to deliver top class work!”
threebrand has also been working with Loch Leven’s Larder – a family-run café, restaurant, deli and farm shop in Kinross – on a rebrand and PR campaign, including creating a brand model, website, signage and stationery.
Emma Niven, head of business at Loch Leven’s Larder said:
“We wanted to create a new brand position that would capture the strengths of the rural retail and food offer at the Larder, whilst conveying the personality and quirky nature of the brand. threebrand has done a brilliant job and we’re really pleased with the results. They are also a great team to work with and we’re looking forward to continuing the strong working relationship going forward.”
Commenting on the appointments, Campbell Laird, managing director at threebrand, said:
“It’s fantastic news to win these three new and exciting projects with a regional, national and international perspective.”
- ENDS -
Notes to Editors:
- threebrand is a creative branding agency, launched in 2004.
- Its hand-picked and highly motivated team enjoy working from Boat 1502U, located on the Water of Leith in the heart of Edinburgh’s creative community.
- threebrand aims to help its clients create distinctive brands by following three simple steps:
- understanding the dynamics of their brands’ marketplace
- taking this knowledge and creating inspired design solutions
- ensuring brand integrity and consistent implementation
- threebrand PR compliments threebrand, offering both an integrated approach, together with stand alone PR consultancy and advice
- The company strongly believes that brands will benefit from a threebrand integrated approach with the new PR arm providing:
- a one team approach
- consistency and alignment of brand, guidelines, aims and objectives
- shared values, professionalism and expert advise
- PR support services will be recommended and tailored to the brand needs and requirements, but could include the following:
- Brand Management, Reputation Management and Profiling (consumer and corporate), Event Management, Media Relations
- Crisis and Issues Management (plus Crisis/Message Training), Web Design and Management
- Press Office Support (proactive and reactive), Research, Planning and Evaluation, Special Projects and Professional Consultancy