Dan Kersh, CEO of digital agency Bourne, is set to speak at the WFS Growth & Exit Strategies event in London on 7December 2010.
World Financial Symposiums marks itself out as a must-attend event thanks to the quality of its speakers, with this year in London being no different. Those attending will include CEOs/CFOs and investors in software and internet companies, who will be set to hear from the likes of Buyers including Cisco, Google, Software AG, Wolters Kluwer, Investors such as Carlyle Europe, CapMan, Hg Capital, MTI Partners, and Bankers from Corum Group, JP Morgan, Silicon Valley Bank.
CEOs who have recently raised funds or exited will talk through their real-life experiences while raising double-digit sums of growth capital or selling their companies, including one founder-CEO who has – with a single company – been through it all, from angel funding, VC financing, growth capital from PE investors, initial public offering, post-IPO debt financing for acquisitions, restructuring, exit via trade sale and post-transaction integration.
Kersh will then line up alongside a panel of e-Marketing specialists to discuss the use of Digital Marketing for top and bottom line growth in today's hyper-networked marketplace, Digital Marketing in a Web 2.0 World. Following this a leading M&A advisor will then present the latest data and market research information on valuations, trends, and the metrics for software and Internet transactions.
Miro Parizek, the symposium’s Chairman, has said of this year’s speaker line-up and event that “the timing couldn’t be better for industry executives to revisit and reassess their growth and exit strategies, especially in regard to timing. We have the most content rich agenda ever this year and by far the world’s best speaker line-up to address these topics.”
By attending this conference, attendees will gain a greater insight into where global technology M&A stands and what to expect in 2011, the role of private equity in a “credit-challenged” market, what works and what doesn't when raising capital today, founder-CEO experience with corporate development, how buyers use acquisitions for growth, maximizing conversion with state-of-the-art digital marketing strategies, preparing for exit and the mistakes to avoid when selling, and the latest valuations and metrics.
This event will take place on Tuesday 7 December 2010, between 9am – 5pm. Venue: Olswang, 90 High Holborn, London, WC1V 6XX, UK.
Notes to editor:
What are the Options in the Current Environment? Determining What is Right for You. Views from CEOs, Investment Bankers, and Private Equity Investors.
* Alex King, Partner, Head of TMT, Hg Capital
* Anil Rachwani, Executive Director, Head of Software Team, JP Morgan
* CEO of company having raised capital on public market in 2010
* Oscar Jazdowski, Head of Origination, Silicon Valley Bank
* MODERATOR: Bruce Milne, CEO, Corum Group
Case Study – Doing it All. A Founder-CEO talks about his roller coaster ride with one company from start-up through VC funding, to raising growth capital for M&A, going public, raising debt financing for more M&A, restructuring, to exiting via trade sale, to post-transaction integration philosophy.
* Bart Van Coppenolle, Founder and CEO, Metris NV (sold to Nikon)
Raising Capital Growth. Investors and Entrepreneurs discuss raising growth capital in current market.
* Chris Meehan, CFO, Intune Networks (raised €25m since 12/09)
* Michael Wand, Managing Director, Carlyle Europe Technology Partners
* Petri Niemi, Senior Partner, Head of Technology Team, CapMan
* Roeland Boonstoppel, Owner, Amber Venture Partners
* MODERATOR: Jayne Chace, Founder/Director, Portio Consult
Buyers Discuss how they use Acquisitions for Growth. CEOs and Corp Dev professionals discuss what it takes to be the one they acquire.
* Anil Hansjee, Corp Dev, EMEA, Google
* Ashish Patel, SVP, Head of Corp Dev, AVG
* Frederic Hanika, SVP, Head of M&A, Software AG
* Phil Smith, VP, Technology & Corporate Marketing, European Markets, Cisco
* Rene van Erk, SVP Corporate Development, Wolters Kluwer
* MODERATOR: Ernie Richardson, Venture Partner, MTI Partners
KEYNOTE – The Need for Radical Change!
* Paul Cash, CEO, The Hurricane
Digital Marketing in a Web 2.0 World. e-Marketing experts discuss growing top and bottom-line in today's hyper-networked marketplace.
* Dan Kersh, CEO, Bourne
* Russell Glass, CEO, Bizo
* Tim Suther, CMO, Head of Strategy and M&A, Acxiom [ACXM]
* Volker Wiewer, CEO, eCircle
* MODERATOR: Bruce Biegel, Managing Director, Winterberry
This is digital creative agency bourne in a paragraph. They are a group of creatives. They're sitting in new offices. They're working on some of the world's biggest brands. They're making their online communication better. They're drinking coffee. They've been too busy to finish their own site, but they're working on it. Give them time. They'd rather be talking to you. They'd rather be doing great things for your brand. They are bourne.
World Financial Symposiums (WFS) is an international organization dedicated to educating technology leaders and encouraging deal flow among key industry colleagues. As a networking facilitator, WFS organizes and promotes forums, seminars and conferences; drawing over 1,000 senior deal makers including CEOs, CFOs, PE and corporate investors, and other deal participants from software and IT industries worldwide from over 20 events in the past eight years. For more information, please visit: http://worldfinancialsymposiums.com/London