Technology transfer institute iSLI and IMAPS-UK have announced a rescheduled date to host the technical seminar “Making MEMS Work – BIG Ideas For Small Devices” which will see a keynote presentation from Yole Développement.
Yole Devéloppement has been announced as the keynote “Making MEMS Work” presenter at the IMAPS-Uk technical seminar, which will now be held on 27th January 2011 at the Institute for System Level Integration (iSLI), Edinburgh. At the Seminar, leading Companies and Institutions including BAE Systems, Unisem, Teradyne, Optocap, Semefab, iSLI, Heriot-Watt University & Selex Galileo will investigate the MEMS product development chain from Research, Design and Development through to Packaging and Test.
UK Microelectronics Packaging Society (IMAPS-UK) is holding a one day technical seminar and industry networking event in conjunction with the Institute for System Level Integration (iSLI) and the event will provide the opportunity for:
* Updates on the latest MEMS developments & technologies
* Networking between end-users, supply chains and technology providers
* Business development opportunities for your Company & its products
So how do we make MEMS work? This IMAPS-UK Technical Seminar will investigate the MEMS product development chain from design and development through to packaging and test, exploring techniques which help to address these challenges. Presentations includes:
* Heriot-Watt University – SMART MICROSYSTEMS: a flagship project from the IeMRC
* BAE Systems – Producing MEMS devices for niche applications in modest volumes
* Optocap – Packaging of MEMS
* Teradyne – Testing of MEMS Devices
* Semefab – Requirements for MEMS Manufacture
* iSLI – MEMS and Wireless sensor networks for condition monitoring applications
* Unisem – MEMS Manufacturing in the UK Achieving Excellence
* Selex Galileo – Taking MEMS to new markets
Who Should Attend:
End Users, Research & Development Engineers, Scientists, Production & Manufacturing Engineers, Supply Chain Companies, Process Engineers, Product Designers & Students
Table Top Exhibition:
In addition, there is a complementary tabletop exhibition showcasing leading companies in the field (some spaces may now be available due to rescheduled date).
Registration & Seminar Fees:
The event is open to all including non IMAPS-UK members but space for the event is strictly limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Location: iSLI (Institute for System Level Integration), Edinburgh EH14 4AP
For more information on the event:
To register visit: http://www.imaps.org.uk