Staff at Thompsons Solicitors are getting on their bikes to ensure they offer a better service to victims of cycling accidents.
Half a dozen of the firm’s lawyers and support staff have signed up for an 8-hour Cycle Commuter Course run by Cycle Scotland.
The course is aimed at providing cyclists, including new and returning bike enthusiasts, with the skills and confidence to tackle everyday road conditions.
Lawyer Victoria Aquino who is based in Thompsons’ Glasgow office said: “I am an occasional cyclist, and feel I would really benefit from having some formal training.
“We see more and more cases involving cyclists who are accident victims. Having first-hand knowledge will help me deal with them on a more professional level”.
She is being joined on the course by fellow lawyers Hannah Jordan, Glasgow, Roz Galloway, Aberdeen and Vicki Miller Edinburgh as well as Stacey Adamson, Contact Centre Manager, and Sharon Irvine Business Development Manager.
Partner Patrick McGuire said: “This idea came from BIG, our business initiation group which is tasked with identifying new opportunities for the firm.
“We are really delighted with the way staff in our Glasgow, Edinburgh and Aberdeen offices have risen to the challenge and signed up to do something positive to enhance their cycling knowledge and skills.
“We want cyclist to turn to Thompsons if they have an accident because they know we share their enthusiasm for the sport.”
Thompsons have handled a number of high profile cycling cases including the fatal accident inquiry into the death of Scots Olympic hopeful Jason McIntyre, who died on a training run when a council vehicle turned into his path.
Note to Editors:
- Thompsons Solicitors is Scotland’s leading personal injury specialists law firm offering No Win No Fee services to clients who suffer personal injuries, caused by a car accident, a car crash, a road traffic accident or whose lives have been blighted by industrial diseases.
- Last year Thompsons won over £1m a week in compensation for its clients.
- Thompsons Solicitors won the prestigious Law Firm of the Year award at the Scottish Legal Awards 2011, their third industry accolade in the last three years.
- Thompsons specialise in delivering legal services which provide the answers clients seek, ensuring those responsible are held accountable, and where appropriate lessons are learned to prevent recurrence.
- Thompsons has an impressive record in mounting prosecutions where merited and representing clients in a wide range of public inquiries.
- If you use an online version of this release could you please include a link to the Thompsons website: www.thompsons-scotland.co.uk