Bauer Radio Scotland delivers an overall weekly audience of 1.6 million listeners, reaching 40 per cent of the available adult listening audience. On average listeners tune into Bauer stations for ten hours, delivering 16.6 million listening hours in total each week.
Remaining dominant in the Central Belt of Scotland, Radio Forth and Radio Clyde deliver almost one million listeners. This accounts for 18 per cent of overall listening in the Central Belt with more than nine million hours spent listening to these stations weekly.
In terms of audience reach, every Bauer Scotland station outperforms the competition, with the most listeners tuning in each week.
Bauer’s AM portfolio continues to cater for a wide breadth of musical styles and genres and has a keen understanding of maturing audience preferences and tastes. Overall it reaches a weekly audience of 387,000 listeners.
Key RAJAR highlights from around Scotland include:
* Forth One serving Edinburgh the Lothains and Fife, has grown 18 per cent year on year and delivers its highest weekly audience in over a decade. It now reaches 354,000 listeners. This result propels every single daytime show on the station to the No.1 position in this marketplace.
* At breakfast Forth One leads the market with a 22.5 per cent share, a gap of 12.8 points in front of its nearest commercial rival.
* Clyde 1 dominates Glasgow and the West of Scotland with a weekly audience of 517,000. 72,000 more than its nearest commercial competitor.
* In Sport, Clyde 1’s SuperScoreboard show for Glasgow and the West leads the pack, with growth of 22 per cent to its audience figures over the past year. With a market share of 19 per cent, it is now seven points clear of its nearest rival.
* In the Northeast of Scotland, Aberdeen-based Northsound 1 commands a 16.2 per cent share of the available listening audience, reaching 127,000 listeners each week.
* In Moray and Inverness-shire, MFR remains the standalone choice for listeners in this market. Weekly audience figures have increased by 7,000 since this point last year and on average listeners tune in for more than 11.8 hours each week. It now boasts a 54 per cent reach, making it the number one station in the UK on this measure.
* Across Ayrshire and the West of Scotland, West Sound Radio is the number one choice for listeners, growing its audience during the last 12 months whilst competitors reported a drop. The station now has 23.8 per cent market share.
* Radio Tay combined grew its market share to 30.5 per cent of the available listening audience in the Tayside region. Tay FM remains the number one station against all competition in this market as well as boasting the number one breakfast show.
* Radio Borders remains officially the mainland UK’s number one station for market share at 33.1 per cent. It reports a weekly audience of 57,100.
Graham Bryce, Managing Director of Bauer Radio Scotland, said: “Bauer Radio continues to be the dominant radio group across Scotland, remaining the most listened to station in every market. We entertain and inform a combined 1.6 million adults, 40 per cent of the population, each week.
“Our unique proposition of local programming both engages and excites audiences, and continues to make us the number one choice for listeners.”
Source: RAJAR / Ipsos – MORI / RSMB, period ending1st April 2012. All stations and groups results are reported on their specified reporting period and TSA.
Bauer Media is part of the Bauer Publishing Group following acquisition from Emap on 29 January 2008. It is home to a growing network of no.1 commercial radio stations in all major markets in the UK and the no.1 commercial broadcaster in national digital radio. Bauer Publishing Group is the largest privately owned publisher in Europe. Founded in Hamburg in 1875 by Johann Bauer and currently headed by Heinz Bauer, the group is in its fourth generation of family ownership. The Group has more than 200 magazines in 14 countries worldwide, as well as TV, Radio, Press, Printing, Mobile and Web interests across Europe.
Bauer Radio reaches over 13.3 million listeners every week (a quarter of all adults in the UK) with 42 of the most influential radio brands across the country, providing great opportunities for any business to successfully advertise their campaign on radio. Our portfolios give marketers the freedom to create customised advertising packages utilising the individual portfolios, or a combination of both, depending on the objectives of the campaign. Brands seeking to engage and appeal to consumers emotionally will find value in the Bauer Passion Portfolio, which appeals on the basis of lifestyle choice. Alternatively, Bauer Place will offer brands the chance to engage personally with loyal, local communities in specific geographical locations.
For further information please contact:
Adele Salveta at Bauer Media on 0141 565 2000 or email email@example.com
Stuart Duncan at Bauer Media on 0141 565 2000 or emai firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Kirstin Aitken
Phone: 0141 333 9585 or 079 399 06395