THOSE looking for a festive getaway need look no further than our selection of August’s must-see summer highlights
- Jazz in Marciac (Marciac, Midi-Pyrénées) – 27 July-18 August: Nightly jazz concerts from new and established talent, at one of the largest jazz festivals in Europe. (French)
- Les Misérables Sound & Light Show (Montreuil-sur-Mer, Nord-Pas-de-Calais) – 3-6 August: Enjoy a dynamic way to re-discover a musical classic that brings the community together.
- Porto Latino (Saint Florent, Corsica) –3-6 August: Saint Florent turns into a South American and Spanish music hub with concerts and dance classes. (French)
- Grande Nuit Vénitienne (St. Jean Cap Ferrat, Riviera) – 4 August: The town is taken over by a fiery evening including a parade, fireworks, flame throwers and a ball. (French)
- Fête du Lac (Annecy, Rhone-Alpes) – 4 August: Watch a stunning pyrotechnic show with a view over the beautiful Lake Annecy. (French)
- Route du Cirque (Nexon, Limousin) –10-18 August: This festival will celebrate its 25th anniversary with 58 circus shows from 13 companies. (French)
- Féria de Béziers (Béziers, Languedoc- Roussillon) – 11-15 August: This city-wide celebration will host five bull-fights with concerts and events to accompany them. (French)
- Jazz en Ré (Ile de Ré, Poitou-Charentes) –17-20 August: the 15th edition of this free jazz festival will host well-known jazz artists as well as new and upcoming musicians. (French)
- La Chaise-Dieu (Chaise-Dieu, Auvergne) –22 August-9 September: Savour a combination of a heady mix of styles performed in a sublime setting at this French music festival.
- Festival d’Art Pyrotechnique (Cannes, Riviera) –7, 15 and 24 August: This international pyrotechnic competition will blow its viewers away and award its final prize on the 24th. (French)
- Festival entre Cour et Jardin (Dijon, Burgundy) –26 August-18 September: This performing arts festival will put on shows in remarkable gardens around the region. (French)
Contact: Tiffany Reed
Phone: 020 7061 6637