The opening today (29.06.12) of two new show homes at St Clement, Gartloch Village, alongside an Information Centre telling the tale of this picturesque and tranquil village location, offers house hunters a valuable insight into the attractions of life in a countryside retreat on the outskirts of Glasgow.
Bordering a small loch nestled in a sleepy backwater of woodland walks and countryside views, Gartloch Village is a unique residential development set in 100 acres of unspoilt and tranquil countryside just 10 minutes drive from Glasgow city centre.
In the heart of Gartloch Village is St Clement, an idyllic country hamlet and a perfect place to set up home. St Clement offers a selection of superbly specified family homes carefully designed to include charming architectural details that perfectly match the countryside surroundings.
Aidan McAvinue, of Gartloch Village developer New City Vision, said: “If you’ve always thought that being able to live in a mature countryside setting with its own loch and wildlife habitat, was just a dream, think again. Designated as a protected nature reserve, Gartloch Village offers everything you could image about living in the country; woodland walks, a beautiful loch and a good deal of peace and quiet – it’s all here just waiting to be discovered.
“The opening of our show homes at St Clement mark the opening of phase two of this hamlet which will see 46 terraced, semi-detached and detached homes erected over the coming months, whilst our new Information Centre tells the fascinating story of Gartloch Village, the history of which stretches as far back as the Iron Age and provides early details of the fabulous refurbished Victorian apartments due to become available early next year.”
Gartloch Village is just 10 minutes from Glasgow city centre and only 5 minutes from the Glasgow Fort retail park, offering all the benefits of a countryside hideaway and a fantastic location to bring up a growing family.
Homes at St Clement, Gartloch Village start from £154,950. To find out how you can put some roots down in the country on the outskirts of Glasgow city centre, call Karen McGoldrick on tel 0141 771 8023.
For further information please contact Paul Fennon on 0141 554 2000 or Harry O'Donnell/Aidan McAvinue on 0141 353 2010
Issued on behalf of New City Vision by Liquorice Media tel 0141 561 4018 www.liquorice-media.com
Date 29th June 2012
Notes to Editors
- Gartloch Village comprises eight hamlets of homes each offering a wide and varied choice of property styles.
- The history of Gartloch Village is as diverse as it is interesting. Around the shores of the loch there is evidence of an Iron Age settlement and the site of bishops palace, which came later and provided inspiration for the name of the loch on which it stood by. The rich fertile landscape supported a variety of agricultural activities and a manor house was constructed by a wealthy landowner and the area farmed for several generations.
- In 1889 the Gartloch Estate as it was known was acquired by the City of Glasgow. Glasgow based architects, Thomson & Sandiland subsequently won a competition to design a new hospital for the site and in 1896 it opened its doors and was immediately hailed as a Victorian architectural masterpiece which served the local community and returning war heroes in the decades that followed.
- Local amenities include nature walks and parks, train links, regular bus links, motorways, primary schools, secondary schools, medical centre, shopping centres and sporting facilities.
- St Clement offers five house styles:
The Oak (3 bedroom semi detached/terrace house)
The Aspen (3 bedroom semi detached/terrace house)
The Beech (4 bedroom detached house)
The Rowan (4 bedroom detached house)
The Chestnut (3 bedroom semi detached house with extended kitchen)