CUCKOO’S Bakery, Edinburgh’s quirkiest cupcake shop, is feeling seasonal yet again, and is kicking off Halloween with a selection of irresistible yet frightening cupcakes available for purchase in the run-up to Halloween.
From Friday 26th October to Thursday 1st November (excluding Monday 29th, when the shop will be closed) owners Graham Savage and Vidya Sarjoo will be offering a whole range of devilishly delightful Halloween cupcakes:
- Buried Deep: What lies beneath… Belgian chocolate chip sponge buried below baked vanilla cheesecake and an earthy grave scene. ‘Relish in Peace’…
- Trick or Treat: Spiced pumpkin sponge filled with gooey butterscotch and finished with a caramel cinnamon pumpkin patch. Happy Halloween!
- Witches’ Bru: Black magic inspired Irn ‘Bru’ cupcake adorned with a sleek witch’s hat… sure to cast a spell on you!
- The Ghost: Dark chocolate sponge filled with ghoulish white chocolate ganache. Let your teeth get too close and the ghost will vanish… Beware!
- The Creature: This monstrous apple cupcake with a purple custard heart is sure to send shivers through your taste-buds!
- The Red Devil: Don’t stare too long… Dive in and devour this devilishly delicious red velvet delight.
These delicious Halloween treats will also be used by The Edinburgh Dungeon to tempt visitors inside. The first 30 visitors on both Tuesday 30th and Wednesday 31st (Halloween itself) will be greeted with a free babycake version of the full-size cupcakes that Cuckoo’s is selling.
Graham Savage said:
“It has been so much fun coming up with this year’s Halloween cupcake creations and we’re really looking forward to selling these quirky treats come Halloween.”
The cupcakes are available in-store for £2.75 (take-away) or £2.95 (eat-in), or if you’re buying as a gift they offer a giftbox which includes six cupcakes and a card with a personal message, all in a box and tied with ribbon. Individual cupcakes and giftboxes are also are also available to order online for collection or delivery in Edinburgh.
For further enquiries, please contact Martin Hunt on 0131 661 5212 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes for Editors
About the Cuckoo’s Bakery
- Cuckoo’s Bakery opened on Valentine’s Day in 2011.
- The bakery and tea room bakes fresh cupcakes daily and specialises in making themed cakes for special occasions, such as Christmas, Valentines, Easter, Fringe Festival and the Olympics.
- The centrepiece of their tearoom at 150 Dundas Streetis a beautiful, antique glass display cabinet which houses that day’s cakes.
- They bake up to 500 cupcakes a day and also offer a delivery service – by bicycle courier.
- The bakery is open Tuesday-Sunday weekly (closed Mondays)
See the website at http://www.cuckoosbakery.co.uk/