The big day is around the corner so find out what’s going down on the French slopes for the festive season
THE French resorts are laying out their best for the year’s biggest holiday so that you can enjoy a white Christmas with the whole family, whatever your age may be.
- Enjoy a Christmas market and meet Father Christmas (Chatel): On 24 December, immerse yourself in the world of the jolly man in red.
- Father Christmas’ enchanted world (Les Gets): From 22 December to 4 January, discover his world in the heart of Les Gets’ enchanted forest.
- Week-long Christmas celebration (Les Menuires): From 22 to 29 December, watch the torch-lit descents and fireworks, meet Father Christmas on his sleigh and explore the outdoor snow art exhibitions.
- Traditional Christmas (Meribel): On 24 December, enjoy fireworks that announce the arrival of Father Christmas, followed by a religious service at the Olympic ice rink.
- Free activities for the festive season (Morzine): From 23 December to 4 January, the resort will put on shows, flashmobs, flame-lit descents, fireworks and more!
- Christmas Dream Parade (Tignes): On 24 December, see your trusty instructors light the way for Father Christmas down the slopes of the resort!
- Full throttle Christmas (Valloire): From 22 December to 4 January, every day will be jam-packed with activities and events including ice skating, bowling, themed walks, farm visits, shows and dance parties!
Keep an eye out on our blog because we’ll be publishing articles on Annecy and Chambery so that you know where the best places to stop are on your way to the slopes.
For more information on the French Slopes, please consult the France Montagnes 2012-2013 Press Pack.
Contact: Tiffany Reed
Phone: 020 7061 6637