SHOPPERS-in-the-know are set to descend on Shelter Scotland’s Morningside shop today [Wednesday 9th January] to pick up designer bargains including a Vivienne Westwood dress (£100), Prada shoes (£100) and a Jorg Gray watch (£100).
The designer goods will be sold as part of the charity shop’s inaugural January sale and include a limited edition print of John Lennon and Paul McCartney (£60) and a Mappin & Webb tea set (£50).
Also on sale is an Exakta camera with a collection of Meyer-Optik Görlitz lenses (£200).
The items have all been donated in recent months to the charity shop which is famous for offering top quality designer brands at a fraction of retail prices.
Last year the shop, based in Edinburgh’s Morningside, was inundated with offers for the auction of a vintage Rolex Oyster watch after it was mysteriously donated. Worth almost £7,000 in mint condition, the classic timepiece sold for £720.
Alison Grannum, manager of Shelter Scotland’s Morningside shop, said:
“We have a long-standing reputation for offering some of the best quality designer goods in the city and our January sale certainly won’t disappoint.
“We have some impressive items on sale and are looking forward to welcoming eager shoppers looking for real bargains. We expect the Vivienne Westwood dress to sell very quickly, as well as the Lennon and McCartney print which is the perfect gift or collectable for any Beatles fan.
“This is the first of hopefully many successful New Year sales and we hope to raise as much money as possible to support Shelter Scotland’s work to help people struggling with housing issues and homelessness.”
Last week, Shelter Scotland’s Stockbridge shop saw hundreds of bargain hunters queue for over two hours in anticipation of the sale and raised £1,700 in the first hour, reaching £3000 by lunchtime. Shelter Scotland hopes to repeat this success in its Morningside shop.
The sale opens at 10am at Shelter Scotland’s Morningside shop 104 Morningside Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4BY. Shoppers are encouraged to arrive early to avoid disappointment.
Wednesday 9th January 2012 | 10am | Shelter Scotland’s Morningside shop 104 Morningside Road, Edinburgh, EH10 4BY.
Notes to Editors:
- Shelter Scotland provides expert support services, online advice and a free national helpline for everyone facing housing and homelessness difficulties. For advice and support visit http://scotland.shelter.org.uk or call 0808 800 4444.
- Shelter Scotland’s Morningside shop sale includes the following items:
- Vivienne Westwood dress £100
- Prada shoes £100
- Brora cashmeres £30-£50
- Jorg Gray watch £100
- Mappin & Webb tea and coffee set £50
- limited edition print of Lennon and McCartney £60
- limited edition print of Gullane golf course by John Smart
- and a number of pieces of gold jewellery
- Spokespeople are available for interview – call the media office on 0844 515 2442. An ISDN line is available for broadcast interviews.
- Follow Shelter Scotland on Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/shelterinscotland Twitter – http://twitter.com/shelterscotland
Shelter Scotland believes everyone should have a home. We help people find and keep a home. We campaign for decent housing for all.
Contact: Shelter Scotland